Wednesday 19 September 2012

Behavior Linky Party



I am linking up to Behavior Management on What the Teacher Wants for this next post.

Oh classroom management, how I struggle with you every year. I seem to change my behavior management system ever year, dependant on the class and how much "managing" they need. Here is what I am using this year.
For the little ones who always seem to have something to say and believe that it is their job to inform you at that immediate moment every little thought that appears in their brain.













When students have two magnets removed then they move down to a warning, then time out etc on this chart.


This is my time out chair. So far, haven't had to use it this year, phew! The posters I have are from the Leader in Me program.

I also have been using whole brain teaching and LOVE this one. You can see my whole brain teaching rules posted above.

I say to the students "class", they say "yes". Then I say "class class class", or "OOOOOOO Class" or "Oh classity class" (the goofy possibilities are endless). If they answer quickly they earn a happy face point, if not sad face. With a mighty OH YAHHH, or an OOOO MAN, depending on which they earn they get a circle on the ten frame. They love this part. They work towards something special at the end of the day.

Finally, I use table points. At the end of the week, if their table has earned the most points they pick a stickerless / treatless prize. Examples: Sit at the teachers desk for the day (oh la la), sit with a friend during work time, bring a show and tell, free center time at the end of the day and other wonderful things.


Check out all the other ideas at the What the Teacher Wants Blog. It's so much fun to share!
Mrs. Dunn

3 comments:

  1. Fun ideas! I just found your blog through this linky party....awesome!

    I'd love it if you stopped by my new blog...go ahead and enter my giveaway before Saturday while you're there. ;)

    Amy
    What Happens in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your attention signal!! Super cute and fun! Thanks for linking up with us!
    -Natalie and Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies. What great blogs you have!!

    ReplyDelete