Tuesday 14 August 2012

Whole Brain Teaching


I stumbled upon this on pinterest, and am so intrigued by this teaching technique. I think I will try my own spin on it in my classroom this year. This particular teacher, Rachel Freundlich, is FANTASTIC at making this work in a primary classroom. The students are truly engaged in their learning. When you teach, you learn, and she has her students actively teaching each other, and is able to quickly assess for understanding. The way she interacts with students is really inspiring, you wish you could be in her class when you watch her. She has really inspired me to do this in my own class because of her enthusiasm. For more information visit the Whole Brain Teaching website.. For a Canadian Article about it here is the link. Can't wait to try it in September.

Mrs. Dunn


No comments:

Post a Comment