Wednesday 7 November 2012

Assessment, Report Cards and Mark books OH MY


With report cards coming up, I figured my next series of posts would be on assessment ideas that I use in my classroom.
We have changed reporting systems this year quite a lot so an update of my ever changing mark book was in order.
Today I am going to only write about work habits; how I keep track and what it looks like on the report card.
We have five work habit categories, and then students receive 4-1, 4 being the highest and 1 being the lowest. I know a lot of teachers say that they innately know where there students are and don't assess for this, but I just can't help myself, I have to have a mark for it.


I use a weekly assessment to tell parents how their children are doing in math, with sight words as well as work habits. You can find this how was my week document here. It's a freebie! This way there are no surprises with the report card as little "Jonnie boy" has had 2's the entire two months in works independently, so there are no questions about the report card

Then I record in my mark book by just putting a check mark in the correct column. When it comes time for report cards, I just go down the list and mark in the number that they have the most check marks in. Pretty simple!
Mrs. Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment