Wednesday 6 February 2013

Five Senses and MY FIRST VIDEO POST!


We are STILL working on our five senses unit in science class, it seems to be dragging on FOREVER, I'm tellin you. 
We read the story "The Black Book of Colors" which is so cool and has words in braille and raised pictures. 

We then talked about what it would be like to not have our sense of sight and be blind. All of the students wrote out their names and then used the "secret code" to make their name in braille. They glued split peas onto the sheet after colouring in the dots to make the bumps.

I then did a lesson on how scientists smell. Sorry it is so choppy and you can only see my face and lovely lights, just keeping privacy of the children in mind! So excited to have my first video up. I was actually inspired by Cara Carroll, she posted a video of her teaching and it was neat to see what a great teacher she is in real life!!
Mrs. Dunn 

2 comments:

  1. I love your science lesson on senses!! & it's fun to see videos of other teachers, I agree! I just may try that one of these days! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm your newest follower!
    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks, I would love to see a video of you teaching!

      Delete