Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Spaghetti, Meatballs and WBT

I often find after Christmas the children get a little rusty with printing again and need some wee reminder sessions about certain things. Today we talked about spacing between letters and words, using the spaghetti and meatball idea that I believe I got from the fantastic Cara over at The First Grade Parade. So when we have letters, we put a spaghetti space in between and when we have a new word we put a meatball space. I used whole brain teaching; we mirrored wiggling like a noodle and put our fist in the air for a meatball space. The kids loved it! The main problem I encountered was some little ones were a bit behind me when they were copying what I was writing and so they had these GORGEOUS meatball spaces in the WRONG places. OOPS, we'll have to work on that next lesson. 
Mrs. Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment